Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Directors and Senior Management Personnel
This Code sets forth the guiding principles on which the Directors and members of the Senior Management of the Company shall conduct themselves and discharge their responsibilities towards the stakeholders, government and regulatory agencies, customers, suppliers, society at large and all others with whom the Company is connected. The Directors and members of the Senior Management recognize that they are the trustees and custodian of public money and in order to fulfill their fiduciary obligations and responsibilities, they shall maintain and continue to enjoy the trust and confidence of public at large by rendering their duties in an efficient and transparent manner.
This Code of Conduct (hereinafter referred to as "the Code") has been framed and adopted by Artefact Projects Limited (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") in compliance with the provisions of Clause 49 of the Listing Agreements entered into by the Company with the Stock Exchanges.
The Code applies to the Members of Board of Directors (hereinafter referred to as "Board Members) and Members of the Senior Management Team of the Company one level below the whole time Directors, viz. Business Heads, Team Leaders, General Managers and all other executives having similar or equivalent rank in the Company and the Company Secretary of the Company (hereinafter referred to as "Senior Managers").
The Company Secretary shall be the Compliance Officer for the purpose of this Code.
The Code shall come into force with effect from 1st April, 2015 and future amendments / modifications shall take effect from the date stated therein.
The Code shall be posted on the website of the Company.
Code of Conduct
The Board Members and Senior Managers shall observe the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity and shall work to the best of their ability and judgment.
The Board Members and the Senior Managers of the Company:
- Shall maintain and help the Company in maintaining highest degree of Corporate Governance practices.
- Make best efforts to attend the Board, Committee, Members and other Company meetings.
- Make concerted efforts to share and enhance the knowledge and information reserve in the Company.
- Shall act in utmost good faith and exercise due care, diligence and integrity in performing their office duties.
- Shall ensure that they use the Company's assets, properties, information and intellectual rights for official purpose only or as per the terms of their appointment.
- Shall not seek, accept or receive, directly or indirectly, any gift, payments or favour in whatsoever form from Company's business associates, which can be perceived as being given to gain favour or dealing with the Company and shall ensure that the Company's interests are never compromised.
- Shall maintain confidentiality of information entrusted by the Company or acquired during performance of their duties and shall not use it for personal gain or advantage.
- Shall not commit any offences involving morale turpitude or any act contrary to law or opposed to the public policy.
- Shall not communicate with any member of press or publicity media or any other outside agency on matters concerning the Company, except through the designated spokespersons or authorised otherwise.
- Shall not, without the prior approval of the Board or Senior Management, as the case may be, accept employment or a position of responsibility with any other organization for remuneration or otherwise that are prejudicial to the interests of the Company and shall not allow personal interest to conflict with the interest of the Company.
- Shall in conformity with applicable legal provisions disclose personal and/ or financial interest in any business dealings concerning the Company and shall declare information about their relatives (spouse, dependent children and dependent parents) including transactions, if any, entered into with them.
- Shall ensure compliance of the prescribed safety & environment related norms and other applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations and statutes, which if not complied with may, otherwise, disqualify him/ her from his/ her association with the Company.
- Shall adopt total transparency in their dealings with the Company
- Help in establishment of the Company as Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Cooperate with the Company in discharging its social responsibilities Accept that they shall be accountable to the Board for their actions, violations and defaults in their capacity as a Director/member of the Senior Management of the Company, as the case may be.
- Shall ensure compliance with SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992 as also other regulations as may become applicable to them from time to time.
Annual Compliance Reporting
Board Member and Senior Managers shall affirm compliance with this Code on an annual basis as at the end of the each financial year of the Company (as per Appendix I within 7 days of the close of every financial year).
Acknowledgement of receipt of the code
Each Board Members and Senior Managers both present and future shall acknowledge receipt of the Code or any modification(s) thereto, in the acknowledgement form annexed to this Code as Appendix - II and forward the same to the Compliance Officer.
Any breach of the aforesaid Code brought to the notice of the Compliance Officer or any member of the Board or Senior Management shall be reported to the Board of Directors of the Company for necessary action.